Friday, November 24, 2006

Painting

The chairs for the 'mexican cantina' are coming along nicely after the primer disaster. One bright lemon yellow coat on ..one more and it's time for fun! Lots of painter's tape in my future.

I am still searching for just the right 'scene' for the large wall. I don't want to actually mural the wall since I might not stay with the theme for very long. I'm fine with the peppers (papier mache) and the pot covers (again, mache). They can come and go. A mural is fairly permanent. I've decided to do a large set of tiles -3?- and now the dilemma.

Should I do three complimentary but different scenes? I've sketched a 'stone pyramid in jungle', the middle a standard window scene, and the final tile came up a church in the background with the Virgin of Guadalupe's blue robe and roses cascading across the front.
The next set was a single window scene across the three tiles...view of disant pyramid in the jungle on one, becoming village in the valley with the church, the final a group of people coming to visit on the road that twines from the jungle thru the village to the house.
I could do food botanicals... agave, peppers, corn?

Given the Laird's preferences, I'll leave the religious out and keep those sketches for items I intend to sell. But then, if I do end up not liking the 'cantina', I can't sell the set as 'GV' branded. Ah well.

Pictures are coming, soon as I have time to figure that out.

More feasting this afternoon. Off to get ready for that!

No comments: