Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Countdown

The Laird returns tonight from his short business trip. My looong list of things to accomplish is whittled down. We shall see what I can knock out the next several hours. Then final preparations for Thanksgiving dinners all over town.

I have just had my hair cut from waist to shoulder length. Good thing? The ends were beginning to feather..but it was long enough for Locks of Love (wigs for cancer patients) ..Bad? The sides are too short to tuck behind my ears (much less shoulders) to keep out of my face! Back to babushkas until after my shower and hairwashing in the morning. Consolation? It WILL grow.

Our city mourns the death of at least 3 young women who died in a schoolbus crash yesterday. A point to ponder: Be prepared. There were only about 40 students on the bus. The hospitals had to call in ALL nursing staff, ambulances were called from surrrounding areas. We were not prepared to deal with even so 'small' an emergency. Scary to think of more major disaster, such as a tornado, which we are likely to experience.

Get trained! Red Cross basic first aid, CERT, any and every opportunity to train will help you aid your own family in the event of large scale emergency. Have a good supply of first aid materials that you know how to use on hand in the car and at home. I'll post some frugal lists for supplies and links to organizations later.

Off to 'do the day'...and rejoice in it!