Sunday, November 26, 2006

More mural

I've decided to go with 'food' as the theme for the triptych on the large wall. Clarifying my previous post ... The Laird was disturbed by the use of the pyramid as religious symbol, not religion as such. He's sensitive to non-biblical references. I will still use the theme for other work, just not to hang in our home.


Now to choose the three to use. Tomatillo, 'indian' corn and perhaps agave? It is used to produce tequila, yes, but also as a natural sugar substitue. That wouldn't be athentic, tho. Although agave had many uses, this is a recently discovered one. Mangos? Avacado? Guava? Since it will be going on mache tile, I'd best choose something with a rougher texture. As the tomatillo is green, I'll choose another green to balance the set. Tomatillo, corn and avacado then!

Another lovely day to create. The Laird is off to add crappie to the winter menu, I'm always interested in new recipies for those.

No comments: